Wednesday, February 11, 2009

SOCCER!

My friend T is on the club soccer team here at Texas State. We went to high school together, and we both played on the Varsity soccer team together. She is a year older than me. Anyway, we have the same Comm class and we sit next to eachother. We got to talking about the 'old days' and soccer of course came up.
She then began to tell me about her soccer team here. She told me about their practice they were having today and told me to come out. I was a little skeptical at first, due to the fact that I have not played soccer in years now (I only played my freshman year because I went to run track).
So, throughout the day I was excited, but still nervous. I was debating the whole day on if I should go or not. Soccer would be so good for me, so in the end I decided to make myself go. I texted T to ask if she could meet me a few minutes early, so she could give me a general idea of what I should be expecting. She agreed. Then a few minutes later, I got another text from her saying that practice had been canceled. That ruined my day.
It was frustrating, being completely ready to go play a sport I love and it had been canceled. But, about 5 minutes later she texted me again saying that the coach would be coming and told me to get suited up (which was just normal workout clothes).
To be continued....

2 comments:

  1. I really like soccer! My acquaintance is playig for Japan's national squad, but Japan is really bad on soccer...

    ReplyDelete
  2. you'll do fine... here is the website you need to go to go on others pages...

    www.txstate.edu/~KK10/spr09blog.htm

    ReplyDelete